R U FASHION RELIGIOUS

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Collection_Landing_Hero副本

miles
Farfetch.com (US)

Photo above : photographed by Miles Aldridge
for Numero 2007

2013

DSC_0028副本DSC_0029

Religious print is really hot since last year, isn't it ?
"OMG, last year ? "
"Kurt you are so out! " ( Kurt has always been out )
Religions has been always playing an important part in THE fashion world !!!
Ok, where did all this get started ?

En noir, Givenchy, prayforparis are the labels rising these years. While before that....

DSC_0011副本


2011
Chasing back to Lady gaga's music video Alejandro?
or her halo hairstyle with red sheer lace bodysuit ?
105214-lady_gaga_617_4091


2007
 Unfortunately Lady gaga is not the origin of religious fashion, lil monsters. We found Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2007 Couture collection.

00200m

Check similar monastic prints from Black Milk. In my opinion, they are inspired by Jean Paul Gaultier 2007.

2006 
I have dragged the topic too far away from where it suppose to go ( I suppose to go with religious prints and religious prints only ) While I can't stop posting "the" iconic performance i watched again and again since ( can't believe it was ) 2006 --- The Confessions Tour. I have to say I am not a big fan of religious themes, religious movies especially.They put me to sleep. ( e.g. Angels and Demons ) While go back to our topic, it is a little bit better, at least the prints are exotic and beautiful, designs can be dramatic and fascinating.

11
CT By Oscar Marquez 2

There are four themes / segments in the tour, and the second part is called "Bedouin ", which was the most boring part for me (before I wrote this post or should I say 7 years ago), Madonna appeared on stage standing on a mirrored crucifix and wearing a crown of thorns. Errr, who doesn't want that Givenchy gold brass crown of thorns? 


source: christinaceleste.buzznet.com
style.com
billboard.com
madonnafanmadecovers
upscalehype.com






Anyway, I am introducing or to say, reintroducing Religion Fashion in a superficial way (which you may already realise), I can not express or feel the creators feelings or motivations (which is sad ) unless  (one day) I am really in those characters or believe in those religions. This just made me thinking those amazing people who seems like just wearing some boring and plain slogan tees, but actually we don't know ( and we can't judge ) because there maybe are some inspiring characters or stories behind them. 




No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Older